Thursday, December 18, 2014

December 18th 2014: Exploring Wendell in the Morning

I started out this morning in the town of Wendell,
Wendell Town Hall, 4 Center Road
Old Church,
Morse Village Road and Center Road
Town Common,
Wendell Depot Road and Morse Village Road
Tyler Pond,
Lockes Village Road and West Street
Bowens Pond, 276 Wendell Depot Road
Diemand Farm
going for a hike at the Fiske Pond Conservation Area. The path I took here is shown below in pink.


There were several nice views of the pond,  especially from the side trails here.
Next,  it was on to the Wendell State Forest for another hike, although I only had time to explore the bottom half. The route I took to explore Ruggles Pond and Wicketts Pond is shown below in pink.

Pictures of Ruggles Pond

and Wicketts Pond follow.

After getting back to my car, I headed toward home, spotting the Fireside Bar and Grill at 435 East Main Street in Orange along  the way, deciding to stop there for lunch. A family style bar restaurant,

I decided to just get the Fireside BBQ Steak Tips (Marinated steak tips grilled, tossed with bacon, mushrooms and finished with Sweet BBQ sauce),

Which was actually delicious because of the sauce, bacon mushrooms and succulent meat.

After work, I headed to the Randall Library in Stow, where some material of the Stow Historical Society are on display. Pictures I took here of the exhibits follow.
I had to go to the Best Buy in Marlborough to buy a new camera, because I dropped mine this morning at work down four storeys of stairs, causing it to be non functioning after the fact, obviously. What are the chances, seriously, considering it was a shockproof camera. Oh well.

As a result, I decided to grab pizza from Classic Pizza II in town, getting the Portuguese

and the Brazilian Pizzas.


What I did not know was that both pizzas had onions in them,  which really ruined my appetite for them. This day really didn't turn our well for me after all. Hope tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment