Friday, December 19, 2014

December 19th 2014: Dinner and Movies in Somerville

After work today, I headed into Somerville for dinner at the East End Grille, a bar restaurant with a pretty interesting menu in town.

I got the Beer Cheese Soup,

The Poutine ( Vernon cheddar curds, tater tots served with home style gravy),

The Deep Fried Brie (Strawberry compote, sliced strawberries, French baguette)

And the PEI Mussels (Curry, coconut milk, lemongrass) with my deal.

The soup was a little too salty, and I wish the tots had more gravy on them, though still tasty. The curry mussels were pretty good, but the brie surprised me the most, going really well with the strawberry jam and bread.

Overall, I like the creativity of the dishes here. A recommend from me.

After dinner, I headed into Assembly Row to watch a movie at the AMC Assembly Row 12, a pretty nice movie theater with some reclining seats. As I had some time before the screening of "Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb" was to start, I walked around Assembly Row for a bit,


taking pictures of the Christmas lights and the night scenery at the new Sylvester Baxter Waterfront Park, which was formerly the Draw Seven Park, which I had visited a long time ago before the renovations.

The movie itself was just alright,  as was "Horrible Bosses 2" which I sneaked in to watch after the first movie.  A pretty productive night nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment