Friday, December 12, 2014

December 12th 2014: Dinner with Friends at Taiwan Cafe, Boston

Today after work, my friends asked me out to dinner at Taiwan Cafe, a Chinese restaurant in the Chinatown area of Boston. Once again, I parked behind Crave: Mad for Chicken. This time, I got the Kielbasa Bites instead of chicken.

Okay I guess, nothing amazing.

Taiwan Cafe itself is pretty small, and I had to wait till everyone had arrived before we could sit, and we had to share a table with a couple. As we had only 3 people in our party, we only got 4 dishes, getting the Braised Pork Shoulder (with hint of rock sugar and 4 buns),

the Braised Spare Ribs (BBQ sauce with spinach),
 the Spicy Salt and Pepper Fried Chicken Wings

and the Sauteed Pork with Bamboo Tips.
Of these, only the pork shoulder was fantastic with its fat, skin and sauce, while the bamboo pork wasn't too bad either. The spare ribs were too bony for me, while the wings weren't even spicy. Guess I need to get other stuff if I ever come back here.

From here, it was on to Chatime for some bubble tea. This time around, I decided to get the Banana Milk Tea,
which was pretty good. I also got to try my friend's Chai Milk Tea,

which he had gotten without sugar, unfortunately, so it did not taste that good.

After leaving my friends, I headed into Braintree to watch "Exodus: Gods and Kings" at AMC Braintree 10.

Terrible show with not much plot development, and it went on way longer than it should have in terms of storyline.

It was good to hang out with my friends tonight though.



No comments:

Post a Comment