Saturday, December 20, 2014

December 20th 2014: Sightseeing Before Badminton

I started out this morning in the town of Swampscott, finishing the last few places here
Swampscott High School
Congregation Shirat Hayam of the North Shore
Palmer Pond,
End of Ocean Avenue, accessed from Phillips Beach
before heading to Lincoln's Landing, a small breakfast place in town for some food.

I got a Hot Chocolate as always,

And went with the Original Stuffed French Toast (strawberries, bananas, blueberries, whipped cream and cream cheese).
It was not too bad, mainly because there was no cinnamon on it, unlike at most other places.

After breakfast, I headed to the Winter Island Park in Salem, where the path I took while here is shown below in pink.
I went first to the harbormaster area.
I then headed to the Pebble Beach, where one can view the Fort Pickering Light.
From here, I walked to South Beach,

then to the remains of Fort Pickering itself.

I went close up to the lighthouse,
and finally Waikiki Beach.

Nice place to visit in Salem.

With that, I headed to Waltham to play badminton with my friends at the MATTBC, and after that, I left to go have lunch in Lexington at the Bollywood Cafe. This place is pretty small and simple looking, and I was the only one the whole time I was there.
With my deal, I decided to get the Mango Lassi (mango yogurt smoothie),
the Nariyal Soup (Creamy soup made with shredded coconut and nuts)
and the Haderabadi Mirch Aur Baingan (Haderabadi dish of eggplant and green chillies simmered in a sesame peanut & tamarind sauce)
The drink was tasty as always, while the soup was creamily sweet, despite the coconut flakes which I am not a fan of.

The eggplant dish was pretty good as well, although I had to pick out all the green peppers in it.


From here, I headed to the Framingham History Center at the Edgell Memorial Library in Framingham to check out the exhibits there.
The pictures I took here follow.

From here, it was on to Blackstone to check out the Blackstone Historical Museum. The curators were very nice to show me around, and allow me to take pictures.
With the sun setting quickly, I decided to call it a day, as my friend had cooked something for me so I went to her place to get it. Along the way, I passed by the ice skating rink at the Worcester Common Oval on the City Hall Common in Worcester, where there seemed to be a Jewish ceremony going on.

I stayed only for a little while as I had to get to my friend's place. A delicious Vietnamese Beef Lagu she cooked to say the least. A great way to end the night with homecooked food.

No comments:

Post a Comment