Saturday, December 6, 2014

December 6th 2014: Karaoke with Friends at Jazzmoon, Quincy

I had an event to go sing karaoke with friends at JazzMoon in Quincy tonight. Before that, I started my day in Shrewsbury,
St. Mary's Syrian Orthodox Church

visiting the Shrewsbury Historical Society.

Unfortunately, the curator did not want me to take any pictures here for insurance reasons, although I did learn about how girls learned to read and write while learning to sew at the same time in the past, and that a place needs at least 40 somewhat permanent families living in the area to be eligible for incorporation as a town.

I visited a few places in Worcester,
Ascension Parish, 48 Vernon Street
Our Lady of Loreto Church,
33 Massasoit Road
Our Lady of Lourdes Church,
1290 Grafton Street
then it was on to the Willard House and Clock Museum in Grafton, where I was given a tour of the house and the clocks here, but once again not allowed to take pictures.

I proceeded to Norwood for a deli lunch at the Common Cafe and Patisserie, although it is more of a cake place than anything else. I got the Smoked Turkey Delight Sandwich (Smoked turkey with apple slices, romaine lettuce, crispy bacon, and honey Dijon mustard on multi-grain bread),
along with several desserts, namely the Greek Koulourakia,
the Sugar Leaves,
the Linzer Cookie,
the Walnut Butter Cookie
and the Apricot Cookie.
The sandwich was actually pretty good, mainly because of the apple slices inside that added to the crunchiness and flavor, as were the desserts, except for the koulourakia and the walnut cookie, which were a little too bland for me.

Next up, my last museum for the day in Walpole at the Walpole Historical Society. Although a simple place housed within a historic home, I had a pretty enriching experience talking to one of the curators about what I did and this blog. Pictures I took here follow.
As it was still a while before I had to go meet my friends, I decided to head to the town of Taunton for another meal at the Red Rooster Restaurant, passing by a giant milk bottle at 785 Broadway in the town of Raynham along the way.

I don't know why I thought this place was pretty fancy before actually seeing it, and it turned out to look more like a cafe.
The Caesar Salad with BBQ Steak
and the Moussaka (Layers of sautéed ground beef, sliced potatoes, eggplant, zucchini, topped with a smooth béchamel sauce. Served with a side of marinara sauce and mashed potatoes and corn)
I got were subpar as well, although the steak itself was cooked to my liking.

Finally, it was on to Quincy itself, where I met up with everyone else for dinner at Taipei Cuisine before karaoke.

This place has food much like Jo Jo Taipei in Boston, which is what we got tonight, getting the Oyster Pancake,
the Roast Beef with Scallions Roll In Scallions Pancake,
the Crispy Pig Intestines,
the Mini Juicy Dumplings with Pork,
the Preserved Veggie with Shrimp Stir-Fried Rice Pasta,
the Cabbage with Bacon, the 3 Cups Chicken,
the Shredded Pork, Bamboo Shoots with Dry Bean Curd
and the Salted Crispy Chicken.
Pretty good, and at times even better than Jo Jo Taipei, especially the intestines which were much cleaner.

From here, we went to JazzMoon, where we had a pretty good time, although everyone had trouble with the song selection method as always, and the lack of songs we wanted to sing. Oh well. It was fun hanging out with my friends though, and meeting new people as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment