Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December 10th 2014: Dinner at City Landing, Boston

Tonight after work, I had a meetup dinner at City Landing in downtown Boston.

Before that, I decided to check out Riccardo's Ristorante in the North End. This place is pretty fancy, and one of the larger Italian restaurants I have been to in the area.

After looking at the menu, I was torn between the Gnocchi con Spezzatino di Vitello (milk fed veal sauteed with mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and capers. Tossed with homemade gnocchi and Romano cheese in a light tomato sauce)

and the Agnello (rack of lamb with wild mushroom risotto),

and was pleasantly surprised when I was told I could have a half portion of the gnocchi, so I got both dishes in the end.

The gnocchi was excellent, and although I wished the lamb had more sauce on it, the risotto that accompanied it made up for it, especially when eaten together. Overall, one of the better places I have been to in this area.

Next, it was on to City Landing, another pretty upscale place nearby.

I was already stuffed from Riccardo's, so I had no idea how I was going to eat more. I decided to just go with the Miniature Lobster Rolls (butter poached maine lobster, micro celery).
The lobster rolls were really cute and tiny, but delicious as well.

I got dessert as well, getting the Warm Butterscotch Bread Pudding (Grand Marnier-Toffee Anglaise).
Pretty good presentation, and just the right amount of sweetness.

Overall, glad I got to try 2 good places tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment