Tuesday, December 23, 2014

December 23rd 2014: Lunch in Worcester, Dinner in Wilbraham

My boss took us out to lunch today at Ceres Bistro. When we arrived at the Beechwood Hotel in Worcester, which is where the restaurant is located,  I took a few pictures of the hotel itself.
At the restaurant itself,
we ordered several appetisers, getting the Korean Barbecued Pork Ribs (three bones, pickled watermelon rind slaw),

the Fried Calamari ( fresh Parmesan gremolata,  peppadew,  smoked tomato mayo),

the House Pickled Vegetable, Olive Tapenade, and Hummus (piano paper bread, grilled naan,  roasted garlic cloves, herb oil)

And the Coriander Crusted Seared Tuna (honey sriracha,   seaweed salad, pickled ginger) for appetisers.

The ribs weren't too bad, going well with the extremely sour slaw, while the Calamari was excellent as always.  The Hummus was delicious as well, although the sauce for the tuna tasted really weird.

For food, I just got the Mushroom and Caramelised Onion Soup (toasted Parmesan and fennel),

and I also got to try my colleague's Hanger Steak and Frites (hand cut fries, house steak sauce).

My soup tasted weird at times, mainly because of the mushrooms, although the steak was pretty good. We ended with dessert, with my colleague getting the Sticky Toffee Pudding (whipped cream, praline pecans)

While I got the Strawberry Short Cake ( sour cream cake, cardamom scented strawberries,  sweet almond ricotta).

My dessert tasted really weird because of the almond, and I just threw it away in the end.

After work, I headed to the town of Wilbraham for dinner at Camile's Bistro and Bar, a somewhat upscale bar restaurant.


I went with the Seared Mozambique Shrimp (cooked with combination of ale, citrus and spice, served with dipping bread)

and the Prosciutto and Blueberry Stone Pie (prosciutto,  mozzarella cheese, blueberries and fennel seeds).

The shrimp was pretty good with the sauce, which I lapped up with the bread. I had to wait really long for my pizza though, and in the end it was pretty salty, and the blueberries did not help one bit.

After dinner, I headed to Springfield to watch "Penguins of Madagascar" at the Entertainment Cinemas.

Unlike "Big Hero 6", I felt this animated movie was pretty lame. Looking forward to not having 5 work the next few days though.

No comments:

Post a Comment