Saturday, June 20, 2015

June 20th 2015: Meetup BBQ at Arsenal Park, Watertown

I was supposed to have a meetup brunch at Pure Cold Press in Brookline, but as I was about to reach my destination, something really urgent came up, and I had to deal with it first, effectively missing my event. However, after I was done, I decided to head to the place, only to realized it is closed on Saturdays. I wonder what happened to the rest of the meetup members who were going. Despite that, I decided to make the most of it by getting brunch at the Regal Beagle, a small but pretty upscale establishment down the street,
I got the Huevos Rancheros (grilled flour tortillas, black beans, chorizo, jack cheese, pico di gallo),
which actually didn't look like much, and didn't taste like much either at first, and then somehow I started warming up to it, and the entire dish became pretty delicious. I hope to come back here for dinner some day.

I then headed to my barbecue event at Arsenal Park in Watertown, where I helped with the grilling of chicken wings and burgers, then played badly at ultimate frisbee, where I busted my little pinky a little. It's still a little black and blue as I write this post.

I left the barbecue a little early, and headed to Peabody to get some food at Stonewood Tavern, a pretty nice bar restaurant in town.

With my deal, I got the Tanner City Seafood Chowder (Chunks of fresh seafood & fresh potatoes with savory spices accented with a subtle hint of tabasco),

the Golden Fried Crab Cakes (2 crab cakes fried to a golden brown & served with traditional tartar sauce)
and the Pan Seared Salmon with Orange Honey Butter (fresh salmon filet delicately seasoned & topped with an orange honey butter served with pineapple & coconut milk jasmine rice & sautéed vegetables).

The soup was really good, and while the crab cakes were crispy, I wish they had more sauce on them. The salmon was surprisingly not that dry, and the orange sauce went really well with the coconut rice. Overall, a pretty good meal.


I then headed to the Northshore Mall to check it out for a bit,
then went to have an Indian dinner with my friend at Rang Indian Bistro, a small but nice place in Stoneham. 

For food, we got the Goat Curry (cubes of goat meat cooked with onions, garlic, ginger, sauteed with special blend of herbs and spices)
and the Kashmiri Naan (Raisins, cashews, & coconut stuffed bread),
along with the Gulab Jamun (north indian sweet dessert, delicious light pastry ball made from milk fried & soaked in sweet syrup) for dessert.
Both the curry and the naan were really good, and definitely much better together. The dessert was a little too sweet for our liking though. Overall, a pretty good meal. Hope my little finger gets better soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment