Thursday, June 11, 2015

June 11th 2015: College Reunion Dinner at True Bistro, Somerville

Today after work, I met up with two friends from college at True Bistro, a vegan restaurant in Somerville for dinner. I had a really good experience the last time I was here, so I wanted my visiting friend to come check it out.

Before that, I decided to get some takeout from The Shawarma Place, a small Mediterranean takeout place in town, getting the Meat Combo (beef and lamb Shawarma, kafta and lamb kabob)

And Cashew Fingers.

The meat was a little on the dry side, although the dessert was not bad. Next, I headed to Tasty Mo Mo, another takeout place, Nepalese this time, getting the Beef Chilli Mo Mo (dipped in homemade hot and sweet sauce).

It did not look like much, but it was actually pretty good, so much so that I finished everything before going to meet my friends.

When they finally arrived, we got down to ordering. The menu has completely changed from the last time, and we got the Roasted Beets (Boston lettuce, smoked tofu, cashew cheese, red wine vinaigrette), 
the Cornmeal Crusted Oyster Mushrooms (horseradish-dill aioli, guajillo chili sauce),

the House made ravioli (edamame-shiso puree, sesame-citrus cream, scallion)
and the Phyllo Purse (brandy braised tempeh, summer squash, green mole, sour cream).
The salad was well presented, although the smoked tofu was a little on the salty side. The sauce for the ravioli was sour in a weird way as well. Thankfully, the mushrooms were crispy with a nice chewy texture, while the purse was full of African flavor. Not a bad meal overall, and my friends enjoyed their meal.

After dinner, we gave my friend a tour of the Tufts University campus, ending inside the Tisch Library,

where we tried to fix a problem on my friend's laptop, but ended up deleting some of my photo albums. Too complicated to elaborate on.

After leaving the campus, we headed back to the Davis Square area for some frozen yogurt at Iyo Cafe.
Not a bad end to a fun night catching up with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment