Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 22nd 2013: Dinners at The Pub and True Bistro, Somerville

Today after work, I had a meetup event for for some vegetarian food at True Bistro in Somerville, and thinking I would not be full after the meal, I decided to use my Groupon at The Pub, a sports bar at 682 Broadway in town.

As the establishment does not have a website. I had no idea about the food prices, and with a $40 groupon, I had to get a lot of food in the end. I got the Buffalo Wings,

a bowl of Chilli and Cheese,

Mexican Raviolis,

Tater Tots, and Steak Tips and Sausage with Fries.

Overall, pretty typical bar food. People come here more for the drinks and to watch sports.

Heading over to the vegan restaurant, I passed by the Teele Square Fire House at 6 Newbury Street.


When everyone finally arrived, we headed into the restaurant, which is actually pretty upscale.

We decided to order family style, getting several dishes, all of which were excellent, as can be expected from a vegan restaurant for a meat eater like me. I got the Rooibos Roots Tea (red bush herbal tea blended with Native American Roots including sarsparilla, sassafras, licorice and ginseng) for myself, which was pretty good.



For food, we got Crusted Tempeh (pea and shell bean ragout, roasted pepper rouille, lemon thyme),


House Made Ravioli (sweet potato and galangal filling, lemongrass coconut cream),


Miso Coated Baked Tofu (carrot-burdock kinpira, toasted sesame),


Vietnamese Crepe (honshimeiji mushrooms, fried tofu, mung sprouts, spicy dipping sauce),


Blackened Seitan (creamy grits, melted collards, smoked onion, chili vinegar),


and the Red Curry with Tofu (baby bok choy, eggplant, king oyster, grilled rice cake).





Excellent presentation, excellent taste, enough said. With that, another night of trying new restaurants came to an end.



No comments:

Post a Comment