Wednesday, June 24, 2015

June 24th 2015: Cherry Picking in Northborough

I left work early today to go cherry picking with my friend at Touga's Farm in Northborough, as this was the first day of the season for the farm.
There was a tractor ride available,
so we took it to the cherry fields.
At the counter there, they instructed what kind of cherries to look for that were ripe. Basically, the darker the better.
They also showed us how not to pick the cherries, pulling out entire branches, as the buds for next year's crop are there as well.

Apparently they were all picked out of the yellow cherries, but we were still able to taste some good ones.
It was hard to differentiate the ripest cherries at times though due to the light.
Eventually, we ended up with about 3 pounds of cherries.
After leaving the cherries, we decided to head to the farm store to get some cider donuts.
Pretty good for the first time.

After my friend left, I decided to check out the Central House Tavern and Restaurant in Westborough. This place is pretty much a dive bar, with nothing much on the menu. I got the Pastrami and Swiss Sandwich,

which wasn't too bad, but not filling or anything special either.

While walking back to my car, I decided to get more food from Sabatini's Ristorante and Pizzeria nearby. I got the Spaghetti alla Carbonara (with bacon, ham, alfredo sauce and romano), which sadly was pretty bland.
Not a good day for trying out new restaurants. Oh well. At least I had fun picking cherries.














No comments:

Post a Comment