Tuesday, June 23, 2015

June 23rd 2015: Lunch in Shrewsbury, Dinner in Millbury

During work today, my friend wanted to have lunch with me, so I decided to take her to Pho Sure in Shrewsbury, which I have been to recently.

This time, my friend got the Special Spicy Bowl (Bun Bo Hue, Thick Rice Noodles with slices of flank, brisket and pork ham in a spicy broth) and a Hot Tea

while I got the Ramen Noodles (Mi Goi, with pork and shrimp).

Both dishes were pretty good, although my ramen was definitely of the instant sort.

After work, we decided to head to Millbury for dinner at Feng Asian Bistro, which I have been to many times in the past with my friends.

This time, we got the Aged Miso Soup (exotic mushrooms and scallions),
the Duck Spring Rolls (house-made hoisin sauce, shoestring sweet potato fries),
the Crispy Schezuan Shredded Beef (with a sauce of chilli pepper, hoisin sauce, ginger, scallion, celery and rice vinegar) and the Summer Roll (shrimp tempura, lobster salad, fresh mango, lettuce with sesame soy paper, topped with shichmi yellow tail, served with miso mustard and eel BBQ sauces).
The soup was actually really good, being not too salty unlike at most places. The spring rolls were really good with the sauce as well, although there wasn't any duck to speak of. The sushi I did not like because of the weird sour yuzu taste, but the beef was delicious as well, if only we could finish it.

Overall, still a good dining experience, although not the best I have had here.

After dinner, we entered the Blackstone Valley 14 Cinema De Lux from the top, which I have not done before. Pretty nice views from the second floor, though with not much function, with the ticket offices and cinemas being on the ground floor.
"Inside Out" was a really funny and touching movie, definitely worth checking out.









No comments:

Post a Comment