Sunday, June 7, 2015

June 7th 2015: SOWA, Speedboating and Seafood in Boston

My friend and I started out today visiting the South End Open Market at SOWA in Boston, walking around and getting some raw honey and food from the Dining Car and Bon Me.

After finally leaving the area, we went to spend some time at the Pope John Paul II Park, grabbing a quick dessert from Yocha nearby in Quincy (Watermelon with Tapioca and Tofu Pudding) which was absolutely delicious
before heading back into Boston to go speedboating with Boston Harbor Mini Speed Boats. As I have done this before last year, I let my friend captain the boat all the way, and although we could not go all the way to the JFK Library due to high winds and rough seas, my friend still had lots of fun driving the boat at top speed, although half the time I was shivering as I did not have enough clothing on me.

After the fun boat ride, we headed to The Barking Crab nearby for a seafood dinner.

It was a good thing we had made a reservation beforehand, as it was already so crowded. We sat outside, but thankfully it wasn't that windy here.

We initially got the New England Clam Chowder,

not knowing that a better deal was to be had with the Clambake (steamed clams, chorizo, corn on the cob, steamed red bliss potatoes and coleslaw), which we then ordered together with a serving of Bairdi Crab, assuming that the clam chowder would be included.
As a result, we got an extra bowl of clam chowder, but the waitress decided to waive the cost of the chowder. I ate it up gladly, as it was pretty tasty with the sausage in it. We also got the Stuffies (Quahog w/ Chourico & Ritz Cracker Stuffing),

which was really delicious as well.

In my friend's opinion, the crab was not that fresh, although I thought it was okay, albeit on the drier side.

Overally, not a bad meal in my opinion, although my friend would say otherwise.

With that, a really fun filled weekend finally came to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment