Thursday, August 13, 2015

August 13th 2015: A Day of Pizza

I went out to lunch with colleagues today at Volturno in Worcester.

This time, I got the Capocolla Pizza (calabrian Chili paste, fior di latte, Spicy Capocolla, Hazelnut honey),

Which was a little Spicy, but absolutely scrumptious because of the sauce.

After work, I headed to the town of Swansea, visiting the Town Beach at the end of Ocean Grove Avenue
And a few other places in town
Village Memorial Green, 29 Gardners Neck Road
Milford Pond, 394 Milford Road
Before getting some more Pizza from One Horse Pizzeria and Saloon, a takeout place in town that does a pretty weak attempt at being a bar of sorts.

The Pastrami Pizza (White Pizza with Pastrami, mustard and Swiss Cheese) was tasty but a little on the oily side,

While the Sitting Bull (Meatballs, chourico, Pepperoni, bacon, sausage and extra cheese), Which is essentially a meat lovers pizza with another name, was not bad.

I especially liked the crispiness of the Cheesy Bacon Fries (French Fries topped with mozzarella cheese and crumbled bacon) I got.

Overall though, due to the sketchiness of the place, not coming back again.

I visited the Muddy Cove Pond at 2183 Elm Street in Dighton,

Then headed for my third Pizza place for the day at Deco's Italian Cuisine, a pizza takeout place in Mansfield, getting the Meat Lovers Pizza (salami,  sausage,  ham,  Pepperoni, Meatballs and hamburger),

which definitely wasn't as good as in Swansea, and the Sporkie (Pulled Pork,  ricotta,  Banana Bell peppers)

 was even less appetising.

Finally, I headed into Medway to get more food from the Medway VFW Post 1526. I had trouble finding the bar,  which did not even serve food,  and was directed to the outdoor pavilion,  which was even dingier.  Not wanting to stay long,  I just got the Pulled Pork Sandwich (Slow cooked pulled Pork In homemade BBQ sauce served on Bun),

Which was nothing to speak of,  as expected.  With that,  I called it a day,  ending my day of Pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment