Friday, August 16, 2013

August 16th 2013: Cruise Night in Lancaster

Today after work, I decided to check out Cruise Night, an antique car show put on at Kimball Farm in Lancaster every Friday night in the summer time.

The show itself was just a congregation of old cars from the surrounding neighborhoods, as can be seen from my pictures below.
Other than that, the emphasis was more on the seafood sold here, and the ice cream, which I got the Frozen Pudding flavor. It was okay I guess, tasting a little weird at times.
After seeing the show, I did some sightseeing in Lancaster,
White Pond, ~230 White Pond Road
Town Beach, End of Fire Road 4
Hudson
Bruces Pond, ~164 Apsley Road
and Marlborough, where I first went on a hike at Holt's Grove to find the old ice skating pond here. The path I took while here after parking at the Marlborough High School parking lot is shown below in pink.
The pond itself was small and nothing much to look at, although I managed to catch sight of frogs in the water.
Next, I headed to Ghiloni Park for a walk to see the water bodies there, taking the path shown below in pink,

walking around the basketball courts and soccer fields, which were full of people playing.
The water bodies themselves were mere puddles of water though. After leaving the park, I also visited Hager Pond at ~894 Boston Post Road East,

and the Jericho Hill Recreational Area at ~496 Brigham Street, where I climbed up the old ski slope there

to catch the views from above.
Heading to grab dinner at the Bolton Street Tavern, a bar restaurant where I had a groupon to use, I found a family style restaurant which was pretty void of people this late Friday night.

For food, I decided to get the Potachoes (Fresh cooked sliced potato chips topped with melted cheese, bacon and scallions served with sour cream and salsa on the side) for appetizers,

the Crock of Chili Con Carni Bread Bowl (Thick and Hearty topped with melted cheese served with nacho chips) for soup

and the Mixed Marinated Grille (A combination of chicken teriyaki, marinated sirloin tips and barbeque shrimp, served with rice and vegetable of the day).
The potato chips were disappointingly bland, while the soup was just so-so as well, but my entree actually surprised me at how well it was cooked. The chicken was not dry as it usually is here in the US, and the beef was cooked just right for me as well. Unfortunately, I could not finish everything, so it's more leftovers for lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment