Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August 6th 2013: Dinner with a Friend at Pastalina's Restaurant, Medford

Today after work, I met up with my friend to go have dinner at Pastalina's Restaurant, a small Italian place in Medford where I had a groupon to use, as always. This place is always full of people, so much so that I had to make a reservation for a Tuesday night 2 weeks ago.

After picking my friend up and arriving at the restaurant early, which was still a little empty, it was time to order the food, for which I got the Veal Cutlet Special,

while my friend got the Veal Braciolettine Alia Marsala (rolled with prosciutto, provolone, and spices, lightly pan-fried and baked, with a mushroom marsala sauce, served with fusili).
My veal cutlet was a little salty with the tomato sauce, but still not bad, while my friend's dish was pretty tasty, and my friend thought so himself, although he initially thought it was a little sweet. Overall, the menu was a little lacking in variety, and the decor was just average. Not one of my better Italian meals.

After dinner, we decided to grab some dessert at Molly Moo's in Quincy. This ice cream seriously does not look like much, although they did have a lot of variety in ice cream flavors.  For the 3 ice cream sandwiches that I could get with my Groupon, I decided to go for the Dulce de Leches Ice Cream, with a Peanut Butter Cookie and a Chocolate Chip Cookie serving as the 2 halves of the sandwich. You can't go wrong with that.

With that, I headed to my friend's place to have more food, including a lobster, pig ears and duck necks, the last having really little meat and hence not something that I am a fan of, before finally heading home for the night. I'm so full now, I probably don't need lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment