Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 8th 2013:Touring the Boston Winery

Today after work, I had an appointment to tour the Boston Winery, located in the Dorchester area of Boston. When I arrived, I still had some time, so I decided to take pictures of the views from the shore.









I had 3 tickets for wine tasting, so while waiting for the tour to start, I decided using them all.
The last one was the sweetest, and hence my favorite. During this time, my pizza came out as well, so  I has my fill too, although I was feeling a little buzzed by now.

The tour finally started, over 30 minutes late, but I was way too drunk to  care. The tour itself was not much of a tour at all, with the guide just leading us to the back room with all the equipment and stopping there to tell us about the winery operations and the history of the building.
He even mentioned that they had people help to crush grapes and bottle wine as well. Sounds like something I might like to do in future.

After the tour, I decided to head to dinner at Ristorante Olivio in the town of Arlington, stopping by Tenean Beach along the way.


The decor in this Italian restaurant was okay I guess.

For food, I got the Roasted Polenta (prosciutto, tomato, asparagus, fontina cheese, basil sauce),

the Pig Platter (Parma prosciutto, salami  mortadella, specl, sopressata, capicollo and pancetta)

and the Artichoke Ravioli (cherry tomatoes, spinach, corn, marscapone sauce).
The Polenta was pretty okay I guess, a little bland though, while the platter was a big plate of cold meats basically, can't go wrong with that. The ravioli was pretty disappointing as well. For dessert, I got the Peanut Butter Cannoli (peanut butter and ricotta filled, sprinkled with chocolate shavings), which was the only saving grace of my meal.

Overall, definitely not a place I will come back to in future. With that I called it a night.  Thankfully, I wasn't pulled over all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment