Sunday, August 4, 2013

August 4th 2013: More of Fu Loon, Malden

Today, before heading to the kitchen to prep for food truck stuff, I decided to stop by a small, dirty looking donut place in Boston, Twin Do-Nuts at 501 Cambridge Street. I got a half dozen donuts, including my favorite Boston creme, which was pretty decent, and decided to give the rest to my friends at the kitchen.


After a day of doing food truck work, we headed to Fu Loon in Malden for dinner. My friend, who had not had authentic Szechuan food in a while, decided to get several Szechuan dishes, including the Szechuan Double Fried Pork, which were all extremely tasty.


The appetizers we got, namely the Spring Rolls, the Cold Bean Curd, the Cold Jellyfish

and the Shanghai Cabbage with Black Mushrooms,

were pretty bland and not to my liking at all.

The jellyfish was clearly from instant packets as well. The first time I have had bad food at this place. Stick to the Szechuan food please. With that, a weekend of doing food truck stuff came to an end.


No comments:

Post a Comment