Sunday, August 18, 2013

August 18th 2013: Dinner at Cinquecento, Boston

Today, I had to get up real early to head into Malden to do food truck stuff. After setting off to Boston, I decided to get some breakfast at The Wholy Grain, a small cafe in the South End for myself and my food truck friends while waiting for the truck to arrive.

I got my friends Iced Lattes, while I got the Chocolate Croissant, the Blueberry Muffin and the Sticky Bun for food, which were alright I guess.
After being done with food truck stuff for the day, we headed to Cinquecento, a pretty upscale restaurant in the South End for dinner. While waiting for friends to arrive, I took some pictures of the restaurant.
Among the six of us, we ordered several appetizers, entrees and desserts. For the appetizers, we got the Bruschetta Con Burrata e Speck (Grilled bread, burrata, smoked prosciutto and pignoli-currant marmellata),

the Vitello Tonnato (Carpaccio of shaved veal with lemony tuna sauce and tiny croutons and frisee)

and the Trippa Alla Parmigiana (Toasted garlic and tomato braised tripe and parmigiano reggiano),

all of which were pretty good, although the veal was a little salty.

For entrees, we got the Trota con Cavolfiore Siciliana (Roasted trout, cauliflower, capers and grapes),

the Tagliatelle Alla Bolognese (Veal, pork, pancetta and parmigiano),

the Linguine alla Vongole (Tender clams, vino bianco, toasted garlic and chili),

the Gnocchi Al Sugo Di Coniglio (Braised rabbit, castelventrano olives, lemon and parmigiano reggiano),

the Vitello Milanese Con Gorgonzola E Rapini (Fried veal, gorgonzola cream),

and the Sogliola Al Cartoccio (Sole in parchment, potatoes, leeks and porcini).

The trout was simply excellent in all aspects, being presented well, crispy on the outside and soft and fresh on the inside, with the grapes being a pleasant surprise. The sole was excellent too in its parchment. The Bolognese and Veal weren't too bad either, though they definitely could not compare to the fish.

Finally, the dessert, while some of my friends got Gelati, I decided to go for the Zeppole (Whipped ricotta, orange and ginger syrup),

and my other friend got the Panna Cotta do Ciacolatto (Amarena cherries). 
The panna cotta was okay, while my zeppole was once again right on the money. Overall, definitely a good meal, although service was a little bad as they forgot our orders at times.

With that, I headed home for the night. I wonder what is next for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment