Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 7th 2013: Dinner at Rail Trail Flatbread Company, Hudson

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner at Rail Trail Flatbread Company in the town of Hudson. Before that, I passed through Shrewsbury,
Northborough Reservoir,
170 Reservoir Street

I decided to do a short hike at Edmund Hill, the parking area located at the Northborough Senior Center.

The path I took while here to try to find the pond here is shown below in pink.
I initially was a little lost, realizing only a little later that I had already passed the pond, which was actually right behind the senior center, and a pretty decent pond at that.


It was then on to Wheeler Pond on Pleasant Street near Alden Drive in the town of Berlin

before finally heading into Hudson for dinner. The pizza place itself was pretty full of people, but even then I could not find my meetup group as they were seated in another section of the restaurant, away from the giant oven in front.

For food, I decided to try a flatbread pizza, with half being Spiced Pear (bottom, Country Sweet Sauce, Cheese Blend, Pear, Chinese Five Spice, Blue Cheese, Berries) and the other half being Cubano (dijon cream, cheese blend, pork carnitas, ham, swiss, pickles, onions, grape tomatoes, arugula),

while my friend had hers half Gorg and Squash (top, Garlic base, cheese blend, gorgonzola, butternut squash, blonde and black raisins) and half BLT (bottom, garlic base, provolone cheese, bacon, sweet corn, arugula, grape tomatoes, avocado lime sour cream).

I also tried a piece of the Steak and Cheese (garlic base, shaved steak, banana peppers, caramelized onions, american cheese).
All the different pizzas were actually really good, with all the ingredients going really well together, especially the Cubano, Spiced Pear, Gorg and Squash and BLT. The Pear and the Squash ones were sweet but blended well with the saltiness of it. Simply excellent. A definite recommend from me for this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment