Wednesday, August 28, 2013

August 28th 2013: Dinner at All Star Bar and Grill, Marlborough

Today after work, I decided to have dinner at the All Star Bar and Grill in Marlborough. Before that, I headed into Southborough to do some hiking there.

My first spot was the Breakneck Hill Conservation Area, the parking lot located at ~74 Breakneck Hill Road. The map I had while exploring this place was very inadequate, so I kept losing track of where I was. There is a much better map of it, shown on the map for the Turenne Wildlife Habitat in town. The paths I took while here is shown below in pink.
On my first pass, I walked the right hand side loop to the top of the hill, where there were pretty nice views of the rolling hills.

but got lost after getting down, bumping into cows grazing on the fields, who kept mooing on my approach. Thankfully they did not charge me, and I had no idea if the electric fences were working.
When I finally got back to the road, I realized how lost I was as my car was far down the road. When I got back to my car, I realized that there was a better map posted on the sign there than the one I had in my hands, and as I had not seen a proper view from the top of the hill, I thought I would have better luck this time. I kept to the left side the second time around, but ended up at the same place I was before with not much of a view. With that, I headed back down to my car, and to my next destination at the Turenne Wildlife Habitat, found on a dirt road off 11 Walnut Drive. The path I took while here to try to find the Bird Garden is shown below in pink.
Somehow at the end of my trek, I emerged onto an open lawn which seemed to be someone's backyard, so I decided not to proceed any further and head back, but apparently there should be a nice view of Mount Wachusett in the distance. I shall be better prepared the next time I come back here.

With that, I headed to Marlborough for dinner. The restaurant was hard to find, as it is situated within the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel, which is situated on a lone side road that I had to drive through in order to get to it.

As I could not find the road for some time. I wasted almost half an hour trying to find the place, even heading into the Embassy Suites Boston nearby to try to find it.

When I finally found the place, it was actually pretty nice for a bar, being in a hotel naturally. For food, I decided to get the Portabella and Spinach Ravioli (tossed in olive oil. white wine, garlic sauce with asparagus, sundried tomatoes and hint of lemon), which was pretty good, with lots of tomatoes and asparagus,

and the Strawberry Tiramisu (Three Layers of Light Golden Chiffon cake filled with strawberry whipped cream filling topped with whipped cream and strawberries), which was presented really well and tasted just as good.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy my meal in a hotel, but this time I was actually quite satisfied with my experience here. I'll put a recommend on this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment