Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26th 2013: Dinner at Lago Grille, Marlborough

Today after work, I decided to use my groupon at Lago Grille, located within the Holiday Inn in the town of Marlborough. Before that, I decided to go hiking at several places in Westborough and Southborough.

The first place I went to was the Westborough Wildlife Management Area, located at ~246 Milk Street. The path I took here to view the water bodies here is shown below in pink.

The water bodies themselves were not much to look at though.
Next, I headed to the Veterans Freedom Park, which is more an open space field than a proper park, with trails leading to a view of Mill Pond.
The last place I headed to in Westborough was the Hidden Meadow Conservation Area, where the path I took view the water body here after parking at the corner of Long Drive and Cook Street is shown below in pink.

The puddle of water here was not even worth a picture though. From here, I decided to go check out Crystal Pond near 9 Crystal Pond Road in Southborough. In order to get to the pond, one must actually get out of the car and walk a dirt path to it, but as it was getting dark, I decided to bring along my torchlight as well. The path I ran is shown below in pink.

It was pretty dark though when I finally reached the one spot to take the picture of the pond.

From here, I finally headed to dinner in Marlborough.  As one can expect of a restaurant in a hotel, the decor was pretty nice, but on the same note, the number of people here this time of night was very little as well. After looking at the menu, I decided to get the Hand Cut Choice New York Sirloin (center cut, grilled, mushroom demi glaze,mashed potatoes),

which came with a side caesar salad as well.


Unfortunately, the sauce was a little too salty, although the meat was tender. Not coming back here again I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment