Saturday, August 3, 2013

August 3rd 2013: Doing Food Truck Stuff at Brooklyn Boulders, Somerville

After getting up early today, I decided to finish up sightseeing in the town of Melrose, visiting the Church of the Incarnation,


then going to have breakfast at Cappa's Trackside Kitchen at 1 Grove Street in town.

It is another typical, small town breakfast place to say the least, though it had one interesting item on the menu, the Caramel Apple Pancakes, which I ordered of course.

Although it did not look like much, the pancakes were actually pretty good, and I did not really need to use maple syrup, although the sauce did not go through all 3 pancakes, so I had to pour out the syrup eventually.

Overall, not a breakfast place I would bring my friends to.

After loading up the food truck, it was time to head into Somerville to sell food at Brooklyn Boulders, the newest rock climbing gym in town. The place is pretty impressive as well, and I have to say it is the best looking rock climbing gym I have been to in Massachusetts to date, as you can see from my pictures below.
Unfortunately I could not take advantage of the free climbing today due to my injured hand, Business was pretty alright, with many new fans of our food.

After cleaning up and prepping for tomorrow for the rest of the day, it was time for some chow at Dockside Restaurant and Bar, which I have been to before. This time, with our group of 3, we got the Mexican Chicken Caesar Salad (Blackened Cajun chicken breast served atop Romaine lettuce with tomatoes, black olives, Monterey Jack Cheese and sliced avocado, tossed with creamy Caesar dressing, served with Mexican Toast),

the Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese (elbow macaroni and cheese tossed in homemade 3-cheese sauce with spicy boneless buffalo tenders),

the Spinach and Artichoke Dip (homemade creamy blend of baby spinach, artichoke hearts and parmesan cheese baked till bubbling, served with corn tortilla chips),

and the Riverview Chili Nachos (Corn tortilla chips, layered with melted cheddar cheese blend, topped with lettuce, tomato, diced red onions, homemade chili, served with sour cream and salsa on side).
The dip was a little bland, while the salad and the nachos were alright I guess. The Mac and Cheese was surprisingly good though. I did not know that buffalo sauce went so well with cheese.

With that, I headed back to my friend's place for the night. Another day, more food truck stuff to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment