Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19th 2014: Dinner at Cruisers Malt Shoppe, Gardner

Today after work, I traveled northeast, heading first for a hike at the Muir Meadows in Paxton. The path I took here to try to find the water body here is down below in pink.

Unfortunately, the pond here was non-existent. What a waste of time here. Heading next into Hubbardston, I visited a few water bodies here,
Brigham Pond,
Brigham Street and Evergreen Road
Waite Pond, 70 High Bridge Road
Bents Pond, 216 Gardner Road

then the same in Templeton.
East Templeton Pond, 191 Patriots Road

Partridgeville Pond Beach,
Club Road near Partridgeville Road
Gardner was my final destination for the day,
Kendall Pond Beach,
39 Kendall Pond Road East
Perley Brook Reservoir, 125 Clark Street
Beagle Pond, End of Beagle Club Road
Cowee Pond, 80 Wheeler Street
with beautiful views of Crystal Lake along Crystal Lake Drive,
and a short hike at the Otter River Conservation Area at the end of Airport Road. The path I took here is shown below in black.
The views of the water body here were pretty good.
Finally, it was time for dinner. At this late hour, I was lucky that the Cruisers Malt Shoppe, an ice cream diner place was still open. This place has an interesting collection of antique stuff put all around the store.
For food, I decided to go for the interesting stuff on the menu, getting the Frog Fries (With beef gravy and melted cheese)

and the Fried Haddock Nuggets,

along with a Strawberry Shortcake Sundae (Road Runner Raspberry Ice Cream, warm buttermilk biscuit, sweet strawberries and whipped cream) since this is an ice cream place.

I was expecting the frog fries to be something else other than poutine like fries, which they were, but still good though. The fish was fresh and crispy, but what I did not expect was the sheer size of the sundae. I even had to pack all that sinfulness to go. With that, my day of sightseeing after work came to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment