Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June 3rd 2014: Dinner at Giulia, Cambridge

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner to go to in Cambridge, so I started things off by heading to Clockwork Pizza in Marlborough to get some pizza takeout. I got the Hawaiian Special Pizza (chicken, ham, pineapple and extra cheese)

and the Broccoli and Cheese Bites.
Not bad, but I still had dinner later, so I left it for later, heading to Cambridge to visit a few places
Danehy Park

Taylor Square,
Garden Street and Sherman Street
Davenport Street Mural, Davenport Street

With the time I had, I decided to grab a smoothie from Emack and Bolio's in the Porter Square area, getting the Cocoa Butter Blast (chocolate yogurt, banana, peanut butter, soy milk),

a pretty nourishing drink to say the least.

Finally it was time for dinner. The interior of the place looks a little like Toro, though a little nicer. There were several dishes on the menu that interested me, and I ended up getting the Duck Heart Spiedini (pickled onion, apple and rhubarb agrodolce),

the House Cured Anchovies (charred peppers, fennel pollen and parsley)

and the Emma Farro Casarecce (whey braised rabbit, mousserons, english peas and parmigiano).

The duck hearts were pretty much like chicken ones as well, and I even ate the onions but they tasted really good. The anchovies were tasty as well, and I'm amazed I forgot to take a picture of my pasta, but it was actually pretty good. 

Other dishes my friends got were the Housemade Lamb Sausage (bitter greens, pepperonata and gigante beans),

the Pan-Roasted East Coast Halibut (mushroom risotto, peas and pickled ramps), 

the Grilled Local Black Bass (braised fennel, potatoes, pine nuts, olives and citrus),

the Warm Semolina Cakes  (parmigiano crema and crispy prosciutto)

and the Nostrale (farm pick of the day, Kale).
For dessert, we got the Chocolate Terrine (vanilla gelato, caramel, fresh strawberries)

and the Olive Oil and Citrus Cake (pink muscat grapes, rhubar sorbetto, urfa chili).
I liked the terrine much better, mainly because the ice cream on the cake was too sour for my liking, although the cake itself was interesting in taste. I wish my friends had been more willing to share their food though. It would have better shaped my opinion of this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment