Friday, June 6, 2014

June 6th 2014: Dinners in Malden

I had to do some food truck stuff after work tonight, so I decided to grab some sandwiches from Santoro's in Malden, getting the Fried Sausage and Eggs Medium Sub,

the Hot Pastrami Sub,

and the Steak and Mushroom Sub.
Of all the subs, only the pastrami was good, while the steak was bland, and the sausage tasted weird too.

After getting our food truck stuff done, my friend wanted to get dinner, so I decided to bring him to try out Mandarin Malden, a Chinese restaurant at 74 Pleasant Street I have been to before in the past.

We got a lot of the same stuff, getting the Sweet and Sour Pickled Cucumber,

the Chilli Spiced Beef Tendon and Pork Ears,

the Deep Fried Stinky Bean Curd,

the Salted Crispy Chicken,

the Roast Beef with Scallions Rolled in Scallion Pancake

and the Oyster Pancake.
Being just the two of us, we could hardly finish everything, and I had to take it home. We were not done yet though. We decided to go check out the newly opened Kung Fu Tea nearby. They had a deal to buy 1 get 1 free, although only for selected flavors. We got 6 Kung Fu Bubble Milk Teas in all.

I still prefer the bubbles my food truck makes though. These were too hard, and the tea tasted a little weird as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment