Saturday, June 7, 2014

June 7th 2014: At the Somerville Food Truck Festival

Today, I had to work at the Somerville Food Truck Festival, but before meeting my friends, I decided to grab some breakfast stuff from Dan Luberto's Bakery in Revere, a pretty nice establishment, with lots of delicious goodies to choose from.
I got a glazed croissant, a caramel pecan Bread, the Oreo Cheesecake and Tiramisu Temptation cupcakes, and a Strawberry Coconut Tart.

Pretty good, especially the cupcakes which actually came in cups made of chocolate,

although I did not like the coconut on the strawberry tart.

While waiting for the festival at Assembly Row to start, I had some time to walk around Assembly Row itself, which is more an outlet mall than an actual shopping mall, but there was still interesting stuff around,
AMC Assembly Row 12
Burger Dive Car

like the Lego giraffe in front of Legoland Discovery Center.

I took pictures of the trucks as well, 
without the crowds that were to come and last the entire day until we totally sold out.
I had to go shopping for food truck supplies after, so I headed to the HMart in Cambridge. The stuff here is small and more expensive than the Burlington one. I decided to try the Go Go Curry store inside the food court here, getting the Sausage Curry,
which came with 3 measly pieces of meat, and the curry clearly came out of a packet. Not a fan at all.
The Cambridge Arts River Festival was going on outside too, so I decided to check it out for a bit.
When I was finally done with food truck stuff for the day, I decided to head to Masala, a small but decently decorated Indian Nepalese restaurant in Somerville, for dinner.

For food, I decided to go with the Aloo Taama (Bamboo shoots cooked with diced potatoes and seasoned with special masala) soup

and the Jhingay Macha (shrimp cooked with mild masala, ginger, garlic and Nepali herbs).
The bamboo taste in the soup was not to my liking, although the shrimp curry was really delicious, and I even packed the sauce to go for lunch next week. Overall, a pretty good dining experience, though I still think Diva is better. Looking forward to driving an Indy 500 racing car tomorrow in New Hampshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment