Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 11th 2014: Cycling from Sterling to Holden on the Massachusetts Central Rail Trail

Today after work, I decided to bike the Massachusetts Central Rail Trail, doing the Sterling, West Boylston and Holden sections of the trail, starting from my parking spot at 15 Waushacum Road in Sterling. Along the way, there were nice views of the Quag

and the West Waushacum Pond,

but soon after entering West Boylston, I realized that the trail onward at 235 Prescott Street was not ready for biking yet, and decided to give up at this point and head back to my car.

After my bike ride, I decided to head to Zaytoon Restaurant, a Mediterranean place in the town of Clinton for dinner. The place was empty of people,

so I was a little apprehensive about the stuff I was to order. On top of a complimentary Yellow Lentil Soup,

I decided to go with the Yogurt Macaroni (macaroni, yogurt, tahini, olive oil, parsley, tomatoes, lemon , garlic and spices) for an appetizer

and a combination of Mousl Kubba, Halab Kubba and Potato Kubba, which came with Fatoosh (fresh tomato, pepper, cucumber, mint, olive oil and pita chips) as well.
The macaroni was actually really tasty with the yogurt, as were the various kubba. The only disappointment was the salad, which was a little too sour for me. Overall, a really good meal, although I would have gotten dessert if they weren't out of the Basbousa and the Lebanon Night desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment