Friday, June 13, 2014

June 13th 2014: Dinner at The Fix Burger Bar, Worcester

Today after work, I had to be home early, so I decided to just have dinner close to home, heading to a pretty new bar restaurant in Worcester, The Fix Burger Bar. This place has taken over the Mezcal Tequila Cantina, that has moved elsewhere in town. The interior decor is pretty much the same as when I was here when it was still Mezcal. There were several interesting things on the menu, and I decided to go with the House Fried Potato Chip Nachos with Tuna (raw yellowfin, kimchi, scallion, sunflower seed, parmesan, soy syrup, wasabi sour cream, crushed wasabi peas) for appetizers,

and the Pork Stack Burger (pork belly, hot mustard apple sauce, slaw, cedar, sesame roll), with a Cheddar and Beer Risotto Cake on the side.
The chips were excellent, especially with the fusion Asian touch. The burger was absolutely sinful as well, the oil from the belly bursting with flavor. I did not regret choosing the risotto cake for a side either. My only disappointment was my dessert, the B5 Chocolate Spring Rolls (Kahlua caramel and strawberry ginger sauces, white chocolate mousse). 
 The sauces tasted really weird, while the spring rolls felt just like... spring rolls, nothing amazing here.

Overall, I had a pretty good dining experience here. Definitely a good place to go to for burgers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment