Saturday, June 21, 2014

June 21st 2014: Shopping With My Mom

Today, I headed out with my mom to do some shopping, eventually ending up at the Solomon Pond Mall in Marlborough.
After we were finally done with shopping, we decided to go to the nearby Olive Garden restaurant in town for a late lunch, the one place my mom always likes to go when she comes.

The menu has totally changed from the last time I was here, but it was still pretty interesting. My mom decided to go with the Lasagna Fresca with Shrimp (Hand-folded vegetable lasagna, sautéed shrimp and grilled tomatoes with sun-dried tomato sauce),

while I got the Stuffed Chicken Marsala (Creamy marsala wine sauce with mushrooms over an oven-roasted chicken breast, stuffed with Italian cheeses and sun-dried tomatoes. Served with garlic-parmesan mashed potatoes). 
Both were actually pretty good, although the portions seemed a little small, despite me being pretty full at the end of the meal.

We also got the Vanilla Panna Cotta with Strawberries (Sweet summer strawberries top a rich and creamy vanilla custard inspired by Italy's mountainous Piedmont region) for dessert,
which was pretty tasty as well, especially with those sweetened strawberries.

After lunch, we headed back home, stopping by Austin Liquors in Shrewsbury to get some wine. I never noticed the statue sitting on the bench near the entrance here.
With that, we went home for the day, tired after a long day of shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment