Monday, June 30, 2014

June 30th 2014: Biking the West Boylston/Holden portion of the Mass Central Rail Trail

Today after work, I decided to bike the West Boylston/Holden section of the Mass Central Rail Trail, starting at ~151 Thomas Street in West Boylston and ending at the end of Mill Street in Holden.

The start line is situated near the Wachusett Reservoir, where there was a beautiful view.
The trail here follows the Quinapoxet River,
with a break by the Quabbin Aqueduct.
Eventually, I passed by the I-190 bridge overhead as I passed over into Holden.
In Holden, I passed by the old Springdale Mill site,
and the Kaplan bridges.
There's a beautiful view from Manning Street,
and another further up the way.
This part of the trail is especially treacherous and steep, and I had to get off my bike several times, even on the downslope stretch.

On Mill Street itself, I saw a deer that did not seem scared of me,
but the waterfall at the end of the trail on Mill Street was pretty amazing.
Never even knew this existed till now.

From here, I headed all the way back to my car. As I did not want to travel the treacherous way again, I decided to take the road, travelling along Manning Street all the way to West Boylston.

In West Boylston, I decided to grab dinner at Brown Rice Thai Cuisine, a pretty small town place.

I got the Rama Duck (crispy roast duck simmered in red curry and peanut sauce).

It looked pretty simple, but tasted not too bad actually, though nothing extraordinary.

A pretty good ride today I should say, considering I have not cycled the past 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment