Tuesday, June 24, 2014

June 24th 2014: A Free Dinner at Firebrand Saints, Cambridge

Today after work, I had to go into Cambridge for a networking event, but before that, I decided to grab some food from Crossroads Irish Pub in Boston. Even though there were 2 World Cup soccer games going on, there were few people in the dark dive bar, indicating how popular the sport is with the American crowd. As I was in a hurry, I got everything to go, getting the Mac and Cheese Bites (Twelve creamy, spicy, battered fried bites),

the Potato Cakes (baby greens, herbed sour cream, black pepper and balsamic glaze)

and the Chicken Curry (Grilled chicken simmered in Irish curry sauce served over rice and topped with grilled vegetables).
The curry was decent, though nothing extraordinary. The mac and cheese wasn't too bad either, especially with the spice in it. The potato cakes were okay I guess, but nothing much else to them, and the sour sauce wasn't much to my liking.

From here, I hurried to the event at Firebrand Saints, which I have been to once in the past. The event was hosted by Squadle, an online database management company. Overall, my partner and I did not learn much from the event, but at least we got some free food in return for our attendance in the form of several appetizers, namely the Deep Fried Battered Onions (with scallion buttermilk dressing),

the Fire Roasted Rotisserie Platter (with porchetta, roast beef, grilled country sourdough, pickles, & sauces)

and a plate of Hummus (with pine nuts), Spiced Carrot Puree and Tzatziki.
I have to say, the onions were what impressed me the most, as I had no idea they were onions at all until I got home and checked the website. Fantastic to say the least, considering I usually stay away from onions.

I had to go home early as I had left my phone at work, but it was good to get out to the Boston area for once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment