Thursday, June 5, 2014

June 5th 2014: Biking the Milford Section of the Upper Charles Trail

My biking trip for today was on the Milford section of the Upper Charles Trail, starting near the junction of Jacobs Lane and Cedar Street, and ending at the Senior Center at 60 North Bow Street.

This ride was shorter than yesterday's, and the only good views were of Lake Louisa, which I have visited once a long time ago.
Other pictures I took here follow.


After my bike ride, as there was still a few hours of daylight left, I decided to head to Mansfield to do a little hiking, at the Corporal Hardy Conservation Area. The path I took after parking at the trailhead on Maple Street is shown below in pink.

The bottom right water body was the only one worth viewing, being in a pretty open area.
From here, it was on to North Attleborough for dinner at Natty Greene's Tavern. The last time I tried to come here, it had been closed for Memorial Day, but thankfully tonight they were open. It was also fortunate that it was after eight when I arrived at the dive bar restaurant, so the unique stuff they have on the menu were also available. I got the Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (bleu cheese stuffed chicken meatballs, glazed in a spicy buffalo sauce and tipped with extra buffalo sauce, served with bleu cheese dressing),

the Colonial Cannons (loaded mashed potato with cheese and bacon, rolled inside pastry sheets and fried to a golden brown, served with gravy and sour cream),

the Candied Bacon (strips of bacon coated with brown sugar and a sprinkle of black pepper, then baked to caramelize)

and the Ethan Allen Burger (pecanwood smoked bacon and monterey jack cheese, topped with creamy peanut butter).
The food was all really delicious, and pretty unique to say the least, possibly some of the best dive bar food I have had. I had to get dessert as well, so I went with the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie (Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, dark chocolate, peanut butter mousse). 
Extremely sweet sinfulness, and I had to stop after a while. 

Overall, not a place I would normally recommend, but after 8, the food served here is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment