Sunday, June 1, 2014

June 1st 2014: Dinner at Fairsted Kitchen, Brookline

Today, I had food truck stuff to do, but before that, I headed to Lexington to do some hiking. My first hike was at Poor Farm, where the path I took is shown below in pink.
Unfortunately, there were no views to be had here.

Next, I passed by Hastings Park

on the way to Chiesa Farm, where the path I took after parking at the Fiske Elementary School across the road is shown below in pink.
The views of the rolling fields were beautiful, especially from the bench area.

From here, it was on to Cambridge, where I visited a few places
Bergin Park, 80 Haskell Street
Yerxa Road Underpass,
Pemberton Street and Yerxa Road
before finally having to head to Boston to do food truck stuff.

Later tonight, I had a meetup dinner to go to at Fairsted Kitchen in Brookline. This place is pretty nice,

being one of several nice restaurants in the Coolidge Corner area.

I decided to go with several small dishes instead of an entree, going for thPig Head Lettuce Wrap (carrot, daikon, cilantro, chili),

the Wilted Kale (shallot, honeycrisp apple, pecorino),

the Escargots (confit lemon, parsley, tarragon, brioche)

and the Herb Spatzle (rabbit confit, leek, gruyere),

while my friends got the Chicken (pearled barley, oyster mushroom, pickled ramp, asparagus),

the Grains (marjoram, walnut, cucumber, cherry tomato)

and the Cumin Dusted Lamb Ribs (spicy vinegar fish sauce).

The pig head croquette was pretty small, but pretty tasty overall. The kale went really well with the apple and cheese, while the brioche soaked up the tasty escargot sauce and made the dish worthwhile. The spatzle was easily the best dish, being fried just right and making the rabbit taste like chicken.

Of my friends' dishes, I got to try the lamb ribs and the chicken. The ribs were a little bland though the meat was cooked well, but that was what the fish sauce was for, and it perfected the dish. The chicken wasn't too bad either, not too dry.

We got the dessert as well, getting the  Chocolate Pots de Creme
and the Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.
 Both were pretty good.

Overall, a pretty good dinner, and I had a fun time chatting with friends on the way back to my car. Back to work tomorrow. Think I shall start checking out rail trails tomorrow in preparation for my long bike ride next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment