Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June 4th 2014: Cycling the Assabet River Rail Trail

Crispy Pork Shank (soy glaze, baby arugula)Today after work, I resumed my biking explorations, this time at the Assabet River Rail Trail, the finished part of it starting at 14 Wilkins Street in Hudson, ending at the junction of Lincoln Street and Highland Street in Marlborough.

There were several pieces of artwork along the way in Hudson.


There were nice views in Marlborough of the Fort Meadow Reservoir from the trail.
On the way back, I passed by an old building at 15 Broad Street in Hudson.
After my ride, I decided to head to downtown Hudson to have dinner at Chloe Bistro, a pretty upscale restaurant.


I got the Crispy Pork Shank (soy glaze, baby arugula) for appetizers. Pretty crispy and tender at the same time.
I got the Meatloaf (wrapped with puff pastry and smoked bacon, haricort vert and garlic mashed mushroom jus), which was nicely presented, and was really tasty, especially with the crispy pastry skin, until I got to the gorgonzola core, which was a little strong for my liking.
I had to get dessert here, so I decided to go with the Apple Walnut Dumpling.
I think I have had this dessert before, which is always good with the caramel on the side.

Overall, a pretty nice place. Definitely for the more refined, compared to the Rail Trail Flatbread Company nearby, popular with the younger crowd, which I have been to in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment