Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9th 2014: Cycling the Holliston Section of the Upper Charles Trail

Today after work, I decided to bike the Holliston section of the Upper Charles Trail. This trail apparently starts at the corner of Aris Way and Veterans Memorial Drive in Milford, and stretches all the way across Holliston into Sherborn. It started out fine at first, but it turns out most of the trail has yet to be paved properly, and I ended up cycling dirt roads with lots of stones and sand the rest of the way, passing by power lines in Milford,
going under roads like Highland Street in Holliston

and passing by Factory Pond
on an old bridge that was so full of stones I had to walk my bike across it to avoid falling off the bridge.

Eventually the condition of the trail got so bad that I had to give up at its junction with Washington Street, and even cycle part of the way back on the road just to avoid the terrain.

I managed to get back to my car just as it got dark, and headed to Chim Thai Cafe, a Thai restaurant located in a strip mall with a fountain

in Milford, for dinner.
I decided to get the Fisherman Soup (hot and sour soup with assortment of seafood, mushrooms and basil leaves)

and the Pad Thai (Country Style, spicy version, with egg, chicken, shrimp, and crispy tofu). 

Pretty tasty overall, but nothing amazing.

The dessert Khoa Tom Mud (sticky rice with red beans and banana, wrapped in banana leaves) was just okay though.
An okay meal I guess, after a disappointing evening of biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment