Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July 1st 2014: Shear Madness in Boston

Tonight after work, I was to watch the show "Shear Madness", a live performance at the Charles Playhouse in Boston, which I went to some time ago to watch the Blue Man Group. Before that, I decided to used my coupon at Aurum Restaurant, a pretty hippie casual cafe in the Jamaica Plain area of town.
This place has pretty interesting pies and drinks, and I decided to get the Detox (Apple, kale, cucumber, celery, lemon juice, and ginger) for a drink.
The drink tasted pretty gardeny, but the lemon juice perfected the drink, and I drank it all even before my food came.

The Green Team Pie (Braised Swiss chard, kale and dandelion greens with a garlic cilantro aioli)
was way too full of vegetables for my liking,

but thankfully the Itzi Pie (Seasoned ground pork, thinly sliced green apple, fresh sage and cheddar), which came with a side of Rosemary Beet Chips,
was absolutely as scrumptious as it looked, especially the beet chips.

Overall, I would recommend giving this cool artsy place a try, if only for the interesting food.

From here, I headed over to the show. We were not allowed to take any pictures at any time, so the Playbill for the show is all I got to show for it.
I have to say I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. I won't spoil the fun, but the involvement of the audience in the play, and the multitude of improv jokes really impressed me, to say the least. 

Overall, I'm glad I decided to go into Boston for this performance tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment