Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 8th 2014: Biking the Hubbardston/Phillipston/Templeton Section of the Ware River Trail

Today after work, I resumed cycling where I left off yesterday on the Ware River Rail Trail, heading north from 195 Williamsville Road in Hubbardston.

It was only when I crossed into Templeton that there were decent views of the Ware River from the bridge,

a small pond next to the trail,
and a water tower at Glenwood Kitchens USA.
By the time I reached the end, blocked by Route 2, the road had become so rocky that I decided not to carry on exploring the side trail at the end and head all the way back to my car.

It was almost dark when I finally got back, and decided to head to Rutland for some Chinese takeout dinner at Yang's Kitchen at 249 Main Street.

Before that, I happened to notice that Calico and Creme in Hubbardston was still open, so I decided to stop by to get some ice cream. I sampled the  minty chocolate Grasshopper ice cream and the nutty Elephant's Delight, eventually settling on the Watermelon Cooler, a mix of Watermelon sorbet and Sprite, which was delicious.
At Yang's Kitchen, I decided to get the Wok Su Duck, which was pretty good because of the crispy duck skin, and the lack of duck bones to pick out in the dish.
With that, another day of biking after work came to an end. I think I shall rest my legs till next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment