Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 27th 2014: Hiking the Lynn Woods For the 2nd Time

This morning, I started off early with a hike at Lynn Woods in Lynn,  this time heading to the end of Great Woods Road. The rough path I took to explore the area north of Walden Pond is shown below in pink.

It started out pretty alright at first, with Walden Pond in my sights first,

but it soon got out of hand as I got lost in this area many a time due to the tons of side trails here, but some how came upon several nice views

as I arrived at the water tower,

and after leaving the area, there were many places, especially along the Overlook Trail, with views of the Stone and Steel towers which I was at yesterday.
I somehow managed to find the Weetamoo Cliff, from where I could see the water tower as well as the other two towers.
There were other partial views of Walden Pond as I blundered along,

managing to spot the Wolf Pits

on my way to the power lines,

Where Nell's Pond was mostly blocked off from view by marshland.

Instead of hiking all the way back to my car, I decided to take the road, exiting from private property at North Ridge Circle, and walking all the way back to my car.

I had food truck stuff to do today, although it was a pretty bad day for business with all the rain. After everything was done, I decided to go grab dinner at Joti Palace, an Indian restaurant in Malden. This place is nothing much to look at,

and there wasn't really much of interest on the menu either. I decided to get a Mango Milkshake,

which was definitely sweeter than Mango Lassi.

The Tomato Shorba Soup (Puree of fresh cooked tomatoes, seasoned with indian herbs and spices) wasn't too bad either, being a little spicy,
while the Malai Kofta (Served with rice, chutney. Vegetable balls cooked in a creamy nut sauce with fresh herbs and spices) I got was pretty good, although I was disappointed that there were only 3 balls on the plate.

Overall, a decent meal, but not a place I would come back to because of the lack of an ambience here.

From here, I decided to head to the town of Concord for some hiking at the Hillcrest Conservation Area at ~30 Hillcrest Road, but no matter how I tried, I could not find any trails, and I gave up in the end. From here, I headed to the Towle Land in Carlisle for another hike. I've been here in the past, but as I missed out on the cow tunnel here then, I had to come back to find it, and this time I did. The path I took this time is shown below in pink.
The path to the cow tunnel was pretty overgrown, and in the end, it wasn't really much to look at.
With that, I called it a day, and headed home for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment