Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July 2nd 2014: Cycling the Rutland Section of the Mass Central Rail Trail

Today after work, I decided to cycle the Rutland portion of the Mass Central Rail Trail, starting at 2 East County Road and ending at the junction of Miles Road and Moulton Road.

I initially went up the wrong trail, ending at a radio tower with nowhere else to go.
After finding the actual trail a few feet southward, where my car was actually parked, it was an uphill climb to the actual trail, and then a straight trail ride all the way to the parking lot on Wachusett Street.

As it was about to rain, I decided not to cycle the road to the next part of the trail on 100 Glenwood Road, cycling back to my car instead. It was good that I did, becase it started raining cats and dogs at just after I started my car.

At Glenwood Road, I resolved to resume training, putting on a raincoat to practise cycling in wet weather. I proceeded to cycle in the rain, passing by partial views of Moulton Pond,

through the Pommogusett Tunnel,
to the end of this portion at Miles Road.

With the rain still coming down hard and fast, I decided to call it a day, my pants and shoes already drenching wet, cycling through the puddles that were already forming all the way back to my car.

After my drenching ride, I decided to get dinner from Still Four Corners, a seafood place at 224 Barre Paxton Road in town. It was good to be out of the rain, as I got a small plate of Whole Bellied Clams, a cup of Clam Chowder, and a cup of Caramel Pecan Yogurt Ice Cream.
Pretty good actually, especially after a taxing and wet ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment