Friday, July 11, 2014

July 11th 2014: Dinner at Meze Greek Tapas Bar and Grille, Worcester

Tonight, my friend was coming to stay the night before we set off to New York for our 400 mile bike trip along the Erie Canal, so I decided to stay close to home and try out the Meze Greek Tapas Bar and Grille in Worcester.

This place is decently decorated,

with several unique items on the menu.

Unfortunately, the fish dishes I wanted to try were all sold out, so I settled with the Meze Pikilia Plate (Homemade‌ Taramosalata (Homemade‌ authentic Greek caviar spread), Skordalia (Homemade whipped potatoes mixed with roasted fresh garlic, olive oil and vinegar), Melitzanosalata (Homemade grilled eggplant, whipped with roasted fresh garlic, olive oil, and vinegar))

and the Garides Saganaki (Baked shrimp in a clay pot with homemade tomato sauce, feta cheese and chopped chili pepper topped with mozzarella cheese).
The shrimp were fresh and tasty in the lasagne like dish, while all 3 spreads I got for the plate were excellent, especially the eggplant and the caviar, which were both simply heavenly.

I decided to get dessert as well, and once again, the one I really wanted to try was sold out, so I settled for the Portokalopita (flaky filo dough shredded and mixed with Greek Yogurt, eggs and orange zest) and the Karidopita (moist and flavorful walnut cake, flavored with cinnamon and bathed in a sweet syrup).
Both were pretty good, especially the orange flavored cake. 

I'm glad I finally managed to check this place out. Looking forward to my bike trip in the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment