Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7th 2014: Biking the Barre/Hubbardston Section of the Ware River Rail Trail

Today after work, I decided to bike the Ware River Rail Trail, starting at ~1168 Worcester Road in Barre, and I decided to call it a day at 195 Williamsville Road in Hubbardston and head back to my car. This trail is pretty rugged, and I'm just glad it stopped raining soon after I started. It was a long bike ride without any good views though.

For food, I decided to head to the Tavern on the Common in Rutland for dinner. This place is actually pretty fancy, considering that I had thought it would be a typical small town dive bar.

Sitting at the bar, I decided to get the Sirloin Gorgonzola Cream (sirloin tips in gorgonzola cream sauce with mushroom and spinach, served over linguini).

Although I am not necessarily a fan of gorgonzola, I have to say the dish was actually pretty good, and I finished everything in 15 minutes. It was a pity that they did not have the dessert I wanted though.

With that, I headed for home. I'll be back tomorrow though to try to finish the rest of the rail trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment