Thursday, July 31, 2014

July 31st 2014: Dinner at the Saloon, Somerville

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner to go to at the Saloon in the Davis Square area of Somerville.

Before that, I decided to get some sandwiches from the Tasty Gourmet in Medford, getting the New York Combo Sandwich (Hot corned beef and pastrami sliced to order and topped with fresh coleslaw, melted Swiss cheese and special Thousand Island dressing on rye bread)

and the Love Me Tender Sandwich (Crispy chicken tenders, bacon, buffalo sauce, melted jack and cheddar cheeses with ranch dressing on the side).
Not too bad actually for a university takeout place.

From here, it was on to Somerville, The place was really hard to find, being in the basement of a building at 255 Elm Street without any immediately visible signs from the outside, being in the same place as the Davis Square Theatre. When I found it, a pretty nice bar restaurant greeted me.
While waiting for the others to arrive, I decided to get a drink, getting the Ten Hill Sours (amaretto, Fighting Cock Bourbon, lemon),
 which was pretty good, considering I don't drink much. 

When everyone finally arrived, I decided to get their special, the Gnocchi (asparagus, Holland Leeks, arugula and braised short rib).
 Pretty good to say the least, although I got too full after a while. I also got to try the Saloon Chicken Wings (savory honey-mustard), which were presented as full length wings instead of the usual drumlets and winglets. The sauce was pretty good though.

It was fun hanging out with friends who have become more and more familiar over time. Till the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment