Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 3rd 2014: Cycling the Belchertown/Amherst/Hadley Section of the Norwottuck Rail Trail

Today after work, I decided to head west, passing by Knight's Pond on 232 Gold Street in Belchertown,
to start my bike conquest of the Norwottuck Rail Trail, starting at 345 Warren Wright Road in town. There were some okay views from the trail, in Amherst,
especially at the Rangeview checkpoint in Hadley,

but overall the ride was pretty uneventful. In Hadley, at the junction with East Street and Burke Way,
Water Tower, East Street near Burke Way
I decided to turn around for the day, as I did not want to be too late for dinner at Collegian Court in Chicopee, as it closes at 9. I was expecting this place to be a typical bar restaurant, but the dining area was actually pretty nice, complete with a fireplace.

I got the Mushroom Caps (stuffed with a mild sausage gorgonzola cheese blend) for appetizers, and the Polish Plate (Kielbasa, kapusta, 4 pierogi, 2 golumpki and rye bread) for my main dish. I was provided with pumpkin bread for starters,

and it was pretty good, considering I am not really a pumpkin fan.

The mushrooms weren't anything out of the ordinary,


although I have to say the Polish delicacies were pretty good,

especially the cabbage wrapped golumpki and the kielbasa.

From here, I decided to head to the Eastfield 16 Cinemark Theater in Springfield for a late night 3D screening of Transformers 4.

I have to say, this movie was simply the worst of the lot, with so many plot loopholes. I should have watched X-Men instead.

Looking forward to cycling all day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment