Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August 27th 2014: Dinner at Jimmy's Pub and Restaurant, Mansfield

I decided to get lunch from NU Cafe in Worcester today. This place is pretty modern and upbeat,

catering to the younger crowd, and there were many people studying here at this time.

I decided to go with their Inspiration Bowl (mix of quinoa, kale, sweet corn, beets, shredded carrots, sliced almonds and a sweet miso peanut sauce) and thKalefornia Dreamin’ (kale, spinach, chia seeds, bananas, fresh apple juice, soy) smoothie.

Both were really delicious considering how healthy they were, but they were really filling, and I could not even finish half my bowl of quinoa. I did not imagine that a bowl of healthy stuff could taste that good.

Good and filling lunch to say the least.

After work, I headed towards Mansfield for dinner, passing by Holliston,
Christ the King Lutheran Church
Norfolk,
Norfolk Grange Hall
Foxborough
Foxborough Pumping Station
and North Attleborough
Attleborough Falls Gasholder Building
along the way to Jimmy's Pub and Restaurant in Mansfield.

For a dive bar, this place has pretty interesting food on the menu, of which I decided to go with the Prosciutto Shrimp (7 large shrimp wrapped with prosciutto and pineapple. Baked to sizzling finish) appetizer

and the Hawaiian Scallops (Baked Sea Scallops with mandarin oranges, snap peas, pineapple, cherries and coconut almonds, served over linguine).

The prosciutto made the shrimp way too salty, while the fruit just made the pasta more like a dessert than a meal. It made me lose my appetite for it almost immediately. Oh, the  consequences of trying to go for the exotic stuff. After dinner, I headed to the Showcase Cinemas De Lux in Randolph to watch "The November Man". Not too bad a show really. That ended my day on a good note after that terrible dinner. Looking forward to my trip to Chicago tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment