Thursday, August 14, 2014

August 14th 2014: Playing Card Games at Knight Moves, Brookline

Today after work, I had a meetup event to go play games at Knight Moves, a new games cafe in the town of Brookline, and I invited my friend who had just moved in from out of town to come see what a typical meetup event is like. Before that, I decided to grab some food from Burritos Pizzeria at 3492 Washington Street in the Jamaica Plain area of Boston. Apparently the burritos here are better than their pizza, so I decided to get their Shrimp Burrito

and Fried Chicken.

Pretty good I guess, especially the shrimp which was pretty fresh.

My friend was already there when I finally arrived, and we headed into the place, which looked like it came out from the Harry Potter books.

There were tons of games stacked on the walls, most of which I have never even heard of.
I decided to get a drink here, getting the ginger ale, a brand which I have not heard of, but not too bad really.

We had a tough time deciding what to play, and finally went with a card game called Slash, in which players are supposed to choose a card from their hand containing the name of a well known character from any spectrum of reality or fiction, and explaining to a judge why their character would make a good couple with the character the judge picked from a pile of cards.

A game pretty much like an interview card game Funemployed! I played recently, but somehow this wasn't as fun. We eventually moved on to Cards Against Humanity, which thankfully was more fun this time around.

Soon after, my friend decided she wanted to leave, so we called it a day and I took her home for the day. Glad she liked the concept of meetup and had fun tonight though.

No comments:

Post a Comment