Saturday, August 9, 2014

August 9th 2014: Catering a Wedding in Plymouth

This evening, my food truck was to cater a wedding at the Valinor Farm in Plymouth.  Before that, I started my day in the town of Quincy,
Forbes Hill Standpipe
heading to the Quincy Quarries area  for an early morning hike.  The rough path I took here is shown below in pink.
I took a picture of St. Moritz Pond,

then proceeded to get myself lost in the Bunker Hill Lane area, finding an inquisitive deer in the process.

I finally went to the end of Bunker Hill Lane to get to the trailhead there, but still got lost trying to get to Ricciuti Drive, stumbling on a great view from Bunker Hill Quarry here.
Eventually, I found my way to Berry's Quarry, which was effectively a pond with steep walls.

this was the way to Ricciuti Drive, and onward to the other quarries on the other side of the road, which is pretty much a rock climbing zone, covered in graffiti everywhere.

The views from the top of Boston were pretty awesome though.

I saw two grown male deer below,
so I headed down to take more pictures of them.
I walked around for a bit more to check out the few quarry ponds here.
After my hike, I headed for breakfast at the Wheelhouse Diner, a small town diner in Quincy, where I went with a Hot Chocolate,

a bowl of Irish Porridge

and the Eye Opener (Grilled croissant, 2 scrambled eggs, hash, tomato topped with Hollandaise sauce).
The croissant was pretty good with the sauce and the hash, although the porridge (oatmeal) was pretty bland and I had to save it with maple syrup. It was a pretty substantial portion though, and caused me not to be able to finish everything.

After breakfast, it was on to Weymouth, where I visited a few places
First Church in Weymouth
Sacred Heart Church
Weymouth Post Office
Shea Memorial Grove
American Legion Post 79, 19 Hollis Street
Great Pond, 276 Randolph Street
Old Building, 954 Main Street
Holy Nativity Episcopal Church
Old South Union Church
Fogg Building
Fogg Library, 1 Columbian Street

South Weymouth Church of the Nazarene
St. Francis Xavier Church

before heading to the Shea Naval Aviation Museum, which is sort of a makeshift collection of memorabilia from the base that used to be here. The place is only temporary as well, to be moved near the Shea Memorial Grove in the future. It was cool to note that there once was an extremely large building for storing blimps, which could not be heated because it was so large, so much so that aircraft had to be removed from the place in order to get warmed up. It was finally demolished as blimps went obsolete. Pictures of the exhibits here follow.
After leaving the museum, I had to head up north to do some food truck stuff, so I went to Melrose to get some sushi take-out from Ocean Sushi,


getting a bowl of Seafood Miso Soup and the Pearl Maki (Spicy mixed fish rolled & topped with seared sea scallop & four types caviar, served with sweet chili sauce).
Not bad, but overall a pretty typical sushi place.

My friends and I headed to Plymouth soon after, a long drive passing by the giant lock and chain hanging on the side of the Fortress Storage building

that had not been on there for the longest time ever, that ended on rough road, which I wasn't expecting for a farm where a wedding was to be held. I almost thought we were in the wrong place, but thankfully we weren't. The farm itself was pretty beautiful though.
The wedding itself was pretty fun too, especially because the guests loved the food we were serving them.

What I loved the most was the Giant Jenga set they set up though,
which we got to play with at the end of the day. I even got $10 out of it because a drunk guy thought I could not possible keep the setup going after so long.

I did not look forward to the long drive at the end though. Just glad it was uneventful.



No comments:

Post a Comment