Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18th 2014: Dinner at Bella Costa Ristorante, Framingham

Today after work, I was supposed to go to Boston for a Restaurant Week dinner at Tremont 647. Unfortunately, I got a semi-flat tire on the way to Boston and was forced to change my plans.  I headed to Bella Costa Ristorante, an Italian place in Framingham instead. Decent ambience, although the menu was pretty typical.
I decided to just go with the Chicken Lemon and Rice Soup

and the Baked Stuffed Eggplant (with crabmeat stuffing).
Both dishes were just okay I guess, but I still had hope for my flambed dessert, for which I chose the Strawberry Romanoff, not knowing what to expect. The waitress came over with a plate of ice cream, set a a jar of alcohol on fire, and poured it onto my ice cream,
literally setting it on fire.
Unfortunately, the alcohol was what led to the downfall of the dish, because it did not burn off completely, and it was really strong, and pretty much ruined the dessert for me.

Oh well, at least I made something out of an unfortunate occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment