Sunday, August 10, 2014

August 10th 2014: Driving My Food Truck for Once in a Long While

I started off another day with with food truck heading to a hike at the Estabrook Woods in Concord, passing by a few places along the way
Macone's Pond, 484 Lowell Road
Concord Police Department
Concord District Court
The path I took here is shown below in pink.
There were some okay views of Mink Pond,
although Thoreau Pond was pretty much a dump.
From here, it was on to the town of Lincoln,
Ponyhenge

where I decided to take a hike up Mount Misery. The path I took here after parking at the trailhead at 59 South Great Road is shown below in black.

There was nothing to see at the top of this small hill though, and the water bodies in the area weren't much to look at either.
Done with hikes for the day, I headed to Cambridge to check out some sculptures in the area
Sun/Photic Zone,
Squirrel Brand Park,
Broadway and Boardman Street
Columbia Street Reflection,
279 Broadway
Green Rose Park,
Broadway and Dickinson Street
Mural,
Norfolk Street and Massachusetts Avenue
Crosswinds, 480 Massachusetts Avenue
Old Necco Water Tower,
250 Massachusetts Avenue
Along the way to go do food truck stuff, I stopped by one more old building in the Jamaica Plain area of Boston.
Old District 13 Police Station
Today, I had to drive my food truck all the way back to the kitchen, which was a little harrowing as I had not done so for a long time now. Thankfully it was relatively uneventful, and when it was all over, I decided to head into Cambridge for dinner at a new Shabu Shabu place in town, Shabu and Mein.

A pretty small place, though larger than Shabu Restaurant in Quincy.
For food, I decided to get the Sea Conch Sashimi,

and it definitely tastes much better raw, especially in terms of texture.

I also got the Meat Combo Supreme with beef, lamb and Prime Rib,

which came with a side of vegetables, the Tonkotsu soup base and a bowl of ramen.
Not bad, although ambience wise, Quincy is better. With that, a long weekend of doing food truck stuff finally came to an end.


No comments:

Post a Comment