Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August 20th 2014: Doing the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

I decided to head out for lunch today, going to Belsito's Deli, a typical deli at 305 Plantation Street in Worcester to get a Meatball Eggplant Sandwich,

which was actually pretty good, not too sour, and the meat being pretty fresh.

After work, I picked up my friend before heading to the food truck kitchen in Malden, where I was to do my ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. I changed into clothes I was willing to get wet, filled a bucket with ice, then water, which I was worried would hurt a lot. It actually didn't, and the actual dumping wasn't that cold after all. Probably should have left the ice in longer. My friends surprised me though by pouring more water on me after I was done. It's a good thing I was already drenching wet, so it did not make it any worse. Good surprise though.

After finally getting myself back into dry clothes, we decided to head to Fu Loon in town for dinner. As we weren't really hungry, we just got 3 dishes, namely the Szechuan Double Fried Pork, the Special Spicy Fish Filet and the Home Style Bean Curd.

My friend, who's new in town, enjoyed the food. It was for free too, as we wanted to welcome her to town. I'm just glad I had my friends having fun helping me with the challenge today.

No comments:

Post a Comment